This forum post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore mbillingsley. Show Details
This forum post is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details
This is a new idea of ours to make a record of what we discussed in the BMJ news huddle. Please let us know if this of interest to you and please comment on what we are covering and iif there is anything else you think we shoud cover.
· Dissidents of the Health Bill have been elected to the BMA council
· Royal Society have a new report, People and the Planet, which suggests that we need to think carefully about over population of the planet
· UK internet supplier of fake Viagra, Martin Hickman, is ordered to pay back £14.4m
· What has caused a series of adolescent suicides in Russia? Social networks and irresponsible media coverage ?
We also discussed
· Khalil Dale, British aid worker beheaded in Pakistan – to cover in a news article. But how much coverage should we give him?
· Radical prostatectomy vs "watchful waiting” – is prostactectomy unnecessary? As reported in the Independent on Saturday? http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/study-raises-doubts-over-treatment-for-prostate-cancer-7685310.html
BMJ Poll ideas
· Doctors.net poll of 1,096 found that 54% of doctors patients who are obese or smoke should be withheld non emergency treatment.
· Or should we have something related to this week’s print content? Lucentis vs Avastin?
· Picture of the week
· Leonardo da Vinci anatomical drawings exhibition at Buckingham Palace
· An image of Khalil Dale